Friday 13 September 2019

Overcome Negative Thoughts


Hello there! hope you are doing well. When I say doing well, it means you are free from all kind of stress, negative thoughts, over assuming and thinking and it means you are totally focused on your work, you are enjoying what you are doing and you are happy for what is happening around you. So, again hope you are doing well.

Negativity is state of mind when you think about bad consequences for your action i.e. for an example, you gave an entrance exam with full preparation, but you are developing negative thoughts such as what if I fail, what if I don't get good result instead of developing positive thoughts like as I have fully prepared and given the exam, I will be selected, I will get good result and more. And any such negative thoughts or just thinking something opposite will ruin your life in such a way that you will be blaming God or your luck for having such life instead of realizing that your negative thoughts lead you there.

I am sharing some experiences and learnings about negativity which helped me to overcome them. Hope these experiences and learnings will help you to overcome your negativity. And as I am not a famous person nor a famous motivational speaker or any famous gurus, but also if you try for once the ways that I helped me to overcome negativity, it can make an impact in your life. From where should I begin. Okay back to college life i.e. back to Dehradun The City of Love. It was the time when I was having the mid-term examination of 4th semester. It was day 2nd, 2nd half and I was having QTM's (Quantitative Techniques of Management) exam. This was the subject which I liked the most and was good at. And when I came back after writing the exam, I was like what the hell I did with the paper. I don't know but I had developed a lot which literally means a lot of negativity that I agreed with my friend's answers doubting my own on the subject which I liked the most and was good at after the discussion. And due to this, my mood was off for a week and I just ruined my next exam. But you won't believe what happened on the day of the result. I scored 20 marks out of 25 and was top 3 scorer in QTM. After seeing the result, I realized that negativity is such a dangerous thing which can ruin anything just in a minute. And also realized that we should never self-doubt on our decisions because it is the first step of ruining ourselves, should never let any negativity enter our subconscious mind and if in case any such negativity starts to develop in our mind, divert it with something positive or do something that you love the most.

I have another experience which helps me to divert any negativity. I never thought of being a blogger or writing something and never thought that I will be sharing my experiences and learnings with you that might help you somewhere. But everything happens for something good. I am grateful to that one friend of mine who helped me to create a blog and helped to write my first ever blog. She will always be the person whom I will admire the most for inspiring me to write.
So let's come back to how I divert any negativity. Whenever any negative thoughts or negativity hits my mind, I just open my laptop or mobile (if I am not accessible to laptop) and I just start typing or I just open a diary and I begin to write. And literally, this is the time when I am able to give my 100% and I am working effectively on my work. This is because I love to write, I love to share and negativity can be diverted by doing something you love. You can also try it. Whenever you start having negative thoughts just start doing something that you love. It will help you divert those negative thoughts.


There are other ways also to overcome negativity. Meditation is the best way one can ever try to overcome negativity. But it is not that easy to meditate even for 5 minutes. It requires a lot of patience a lot of focus and a lot of time. It is not that if you meditate for a day or two, you will be able to overcome the negative thoughts or negativity. It requires a lot of time and patience. If you are able to meditate and had mastered in meditation, you have owned a lot of things. You are able to focus on any particular thing, your breath, and control your mind and your thoughts too. And if you are able to control your mind and thoughts that's enough for you to control your negative thoughts.


Let me summarize how can you overcome the negative thoughts or negativity in short:-

  • Don't ever self-doubt on your decisions. It will only end up ruining your life or a particular moment.
  • You should never let any negativity enter our subconscious mind and if in case any such negativity starts to develop in our mind, divert it with something positive (i.e start thinking something good/start to think opposite of the negative).
  • Doing something which you loved the most at the time when negativity hits you, will literally change the state of your mind and the outcome will be productive.
  • Meditating is the best ever way to overcome any kind of negativity and also meditation is really helpful in one's life. Start doing meditation and feel the change.


If this helps you in any way and you think this can help other people share it with your friends.
Have a life filled with positivity.
And I hope you are doing well 

2 comments:

Beyond the Surface

Life can often become a challenging journey, and at times, it might feel like an overwhelming, lonely path. For many people, navigating the ...