Thursday 5 September 2019

Assumptions & Overthinking Kills

Everyone is having some problem in their life and they believe they are the only one who has problems and lastly they assume that their problems are the biggest problem one can ever have. But there is something more than this, i.e. problems are not so big as they assume. Their assumption and overthinking is something that makes the problem look big. 
Without any doubt, everyone has some or other problems in their life. And when someone assumes their problem as the biggest problem, they are not wrong here but their assumption is wrong. Sometimes the problem seems to be too small, but the overthinking of a person makes it too large that they are worried about the consequences which have not even arrived. In such situations, we can't blame a person for such kind of worries, but someone who is to be blamed is their assumption and overthinking. Let me explain this with the help of some examples: -

This is something which is always fresh in mind i.e. I went to Dehradun, India for my graduation, it was the first day of my hostel life and for the first time, I was away from my home and alone literally alone (I don't know anyone there, no friends, no relatives, new place, new faces, new environment and all alone). After the admission procedure was done, the college administration allotted me the hostel and after dropping me in the hostel and arranging the room, my parents leave and went back home. From the moment they leave and up to the next few weeks I was just blaming myself to take such a big wrong decision and assuming that I made the biggest mistake, the problem of my life by choosing Dehradun a place for my graduation (due to family attachments, being with people whom I have never been with, and many more reasons). But now when I look back, I assure that my assumptions were wrong at that time not my decisions. I feel proud that I took that decision. Who I am now is due to that one biggest problem of my life by choosing Dehradun a place for my graduation (perhaps a wrong assumption). 
So we can see it is sometimes our assumptions, overthinking or a situation which makes us feel that the problem is the biggest.       

During my final research report for graduation five to six months ago, I was having a problem i.e. from where and how can I get out the prints before a day of submission (i.e. it was a Leather Binding which was not easily available nearby), so it was a matter to be worried for me. Up to now, it is like I am worried about the prints, this is a problem for me and I am assuming and thinking it is the biggest problem but then I called my friend and explained the situation. After listening to me, he was like arey yeh toh hogyega 3/4 gante mein (i.e. it will be done in three to four hours don't worry).
See the problem which I assumed the biggest was not big, but my assumptions were. Clear your assumptions, don't overthink. 

Life gives equal opportunities and chances to all of us. Everyone is having equal problems in their respective life, it is we who assumes and makes wrong assumptions about problems and consider them as the biggest problem one can ever have. As everything has some exceptions, here as well there is an exception that few people take their problems lightly and assume it as a small thing. And the consequences they received finally is the success they deserved as they never overthink and never made any assumptions which were never there. There is a famous quote by Sukhraj S. Dhillon, "Don't think too much. You'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place".  
    
                                   ACT WISELY.!!

5 comments:

  1. Exactly.. i have also same problem few years ago and i am so greatful from my dearest frns who help me out from this all.😊
    This blog is too awesome sushant keep writingπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete

Beyond the Surface

Life can often become a challenging journey, and at times, it might feel like an overwhelming, lonely path. For many people, navigating the ...